December 23, 2009

Lookin' Back on 2009


Looking back over the last year brings so many memories. Guess I'm feeling a little nostalgic today even though there's still a week of 2009 to go. A few things stand out for me during 2009:

- struggling through several dark days of hormonal imbalance and collecting various things in my 'arsenal' to help us all survive those days. Yay, much progress there, I think.

- getting to know friends via Facebook better (Ann, J, G, letterboxers and even those at Beit Hallel that I hadn't known as well) as well as finding old friends from different times of my life, too (Billie Jo, Andy, Peri).

- working through life lessons on things like attachment - healthy vs. unhealthy, you know.

- then there's those lessons on dealing with past issues and letting go of things that bound me.

- and thinking through so much philosophy and theology - how much can I distill down what I really believe and what the Torah really says?

- trying to whittle down my possessions just a bit.

- going through yet another cycle of the festivals so filled with meaning.

- taking Rose to her many appointments.

- taking dozens of photos to share here and other places.

- trooping as Jedi - I just love doing that!

*Norwescon '09
*a birthday party at the Seattle Science Center
*Spocon - that whole group is great to hang with!
*Comics Dungeon
*Puyallup Fair - we got to do all three weekends!
*Star Wars in Concert in Seattle


-playing tour guide to the famous and talented Mama Cache and her husband, PR - what a treat!

- AND traveling! There may not have been a huge trip this year, but Liz and I managed to fit quite a few day trips in.

*the Oregon coast
*the Washington coast a few times
*Mt. Baker
*Mt. Rainier
*Mt. St. Helens
*Spokane (eastern side of the state where I grew up)
*Seattle
*Portland, Oregon
*Vancouver, Washington
*Poulbo, Washington
*the Olympic Peninsula (twice!)
*Puyallup - Yeah, it's not exactly a destination, but I went there a lot! lol!
*Hood Canal - okay, so I live there... it's awfully pretty, though!
*Kamiah, Idaho - that was a family visit to see my mom in her 88th year.

Wow, when I list them out like that, we did quite a lot of traveling! Here's a photo essay of the year as well:


*photo credits: Ari C'rona, Hendel D'bu, Chris Martin, Carol Darth's wife

2 comments:

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

Wow! That was awesome! I guess we really did a lot in '09, eh?

Here's to doing more in the coming year!

:-)

Mama Cache said...

Surely you know that our trip to see you all was the highlight of the year . . . hands down! Thanks, again.

You did such a fantastic job looking back. Thank you for sharing it.

I love you! ;-)

Viewing a Little of My World...

Attaining the rank of Jedi...

*Jedi respect each other, and all other life forms.

*Jedi must put the needs of the community
above the needs of individuals.

*A Jedi must protect the weak and defenseless from evil.

*Jedi must always cooperate in battle or crisis.

*Jedi must not have wants; self-reliance must be shown.

*Jedi are forbidden from ruling others.

*A Jedi does not cling to the past.