December 25, 2009

Words to Ponder...


Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.

Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.

Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.

Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations...

Lately, I've been thinking about these very ideas. On what do I base what I believe? For me it must be the Tanach and the words of my Master, Yeshua. There is a place for traditions and those writings that help me to understand when my finite brain has reached its limit. And, there must be a place for HaShem to speak to me as to what I must do. So, there you have it. What do you think?

3 comments:

Mama Cache said...

He uses the words "merely" and "simply" often in this quotation, and I take that to mean that he does not dismiss the influences entirely. You seem to say the same in your mentioning that "there is a place" for them. In essence, I agree with you both. Examining the basis of what we believe is so important. Thanks for sharing, Lisa.

Ari C'rona said...

Yes, of course, I think there is a place for those influences - just not at the expense of what is actually commanded or to the point of being bound by the 'traditions of men'.

Thanks for reading, Kev! :o)

Ari C'rona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Viewing a Little of My World...

Attaining the rank of Jedi...

*Jedi respect each other, and all other life forms.

*Jedi must put the needs of the community
above the needs of individuals.

*A Jedi must protect the weak and defenseless from evil.

*Jedi must always cooperate in battle or crisis.

*Jedi must not have wants; self-reliance must be shown.

*Jedi are forbidden from ruling others.

*A Jedi does not cling to the past.