Today is the first day in a very long time (maybe ever) that I took a little afternoon drive to Ocean Shores all on my own. All I wanted to do was walk on the beach, breathe in that ocean air and think - a wonderful way to spend a Shabbat in my humble opinion.
As I drove along the familiar way, memories came to me at random - times that my bestie and I took the kids on letterboxing excursions or just to walk on the beach - days when Larry joined us, and days when just she and I had a 'girls' day out' laughing, singing, talking... oh, how we talked, solving all the world's problems together. Emotions flowed through each event - fondness, sadness, uninhibited happiness, gratefulness - so much gratefulness that I have each of those experiences. I just let them come with the accompanying feelings, examining them and trying to put each in its place.
 |
| Love the texture! |
 |
| More texture! |
Valuable it was to take the day and work through the many changes in my life from the time I first set my feet on this shore till now. Now... I am grateful for now. I have hope now, emotional safety, and the opportunity to learn who I really am. I pondered enabling and codependency - my experiences with these are starkly clear in my mind. I recognize my tendencies more readily.
 |
| This reminds me of some of those pithy quotes on Facebook... |
 |
| Lots of people on the first sunny, semi-warm day in ages. |
What do I like to do at the beach when it's just me? Apparently, I like to do what I always do whether I'm alone or with friends - play with my camera, walk, drive, sing, think, pray, collect beach treasures. Oh, and I talked with a dear friend who is half way across the country, while walking along Damon Point (below)! And, I found several tiny agates and a lovely piece of green sea glass that now reside with my other beach treasures. See, Kev, I can multi-task! Thanks for a wonderful conversation!
 |
| A young fisherman contemplates... |
So, here's to a happy day well spent in one of my favorite parts of the world - for that, too, I am so grateful! Now, I'm home, comfortably ensconced in front of my computer with a glass of wine and Miss Sasha nearby waiting for me to come to bed.
Blessed are You, Oh LORD, our G-d, King of the Universe, Who guides each step we take, and provides our every need. Thank You for this restful, happy Shabbat Pesach!
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures and words from a beautiful lady. Thanks for sharing...and happy Shabbat Pesach.
Rose Mary Duffin
The pics are beautiful...I can hear your voice in them.
Thanks for taking me along on your day of solitude, my friend. I love you.
yes,
you can
multitask.
*smile*
Post a Comment