I thank You and recount Your praise, for our lives that are committed into Your hand, for our souls that are entrusted to You, for You are the merciful One...
I'm trying an experiment - nothing new or enlightening - just one I've found myself needing at this point in my life. My trials are nothing extraordinary as many have experienced what I have. However, this is my story - each of us has our own, unique story not to be diminished just because it's so amazingly common. Sorry, I digress... the experiment is nothing more than focusing on thankfulness. It's one thing I don't do often enough with intention.
So, today I am thankful for:
~ respect
~ intelligent, compassionate court facilitators
~ provision
~ sunshine!
~ fuzzy affection
~ emotional balance
~ transportation
~ a positive self image
~ physical activity
~ a cushy mattress
~ a George Foreman with removable grilling plates!
~ chocolate
~ margaritas
~ heart-to-heart talks
~ permission to cut myself some slack
~ fair and equitable agreements
~ unconditional love and acceptance (why is that so hard to accept?)
~ Psalms
~ intelligent, stimulating discussions
~ laughter
In the words of my favorite blogger: What are you thankful for?

1 comment:
Thankful, yes!
For sweet meditations,
for a guitar that still works after so much neglect,
for a new song,
for the surprise rendezvous or two or three,
for open homes,
for beautiful skies with perfect temperatures,
for February memories,
and so much more.
Post a Comment