I could never stay long enough on the shore, the tang of the untainted, fresh and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought. ~Helen Keller
This past weekend, I had the privilege to spend time at the beach with the Chaverim - Liz graciously provided her condo where we spent time enjoying liturgy, worship, and study together as well as some quality time walking... just walking, breathing in the sea air, trying to work through and wash away pain of the past, pain that refuses to give rest.
We poked around some of the little shops sharing our running commentary on some of the items we found to the amusement of clerks and other customers. Beach treasures found their way into pockets, cameras captured moments in time, music wound itself around our conversations and prayers, sand leaked from shoe soles, and memories worked their way in and out of our minds...
Just as the wave cannot exist for itself, but is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean, so must I never live my life for itself, but always in the experience which is going on around me. ~Albert Schweitzer
If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. ~Psalm 139: 9-10

4 comments:
I am so thankful that you were all able to get away together. Glad, too, that you all tote those cameras with you. *nodding*
These are awesome photos, my dear - just wonderful!! :-D
So blessed that we can add another great memory to our collection.
Your pictures are impressive. Nice job!
"Breath-taking" comes to mind - especially your ocean captures. Very professional - and could easily blend in with those pics that rotate through "new" computers =) Your sentiments show the deep worth you place on these friends and your cherished time together experiencing G-d's special places at the ocean.
Post a Comment