Happiness... what is the source of your happiness? What is it that keeps you going, that lights your way? What anchors you in reality?
I've been thinking about that this morning. I've always said that the L-rd is the source of mine. Sure that's true. How real is it to me? Life of late has taken some tortuous turns that bring me to the point of needing to take some serious time for introspection on this.
Certainly, I've experienced those times when He's filled me with His joy as I've prayed, as I've worshiped - whether alone in my car or corporately. I've experienced joy in the midst of trials - that deep inner sense of His presence in spite of horrendous circumstances. All that is real and good. I don't doubt that. He has been right there beside me through it all.
Sometimes, though, I get caught up in the details of tough times and lose my focus. I let those situations drag me down and feed that sense of hopelessness when I don't feel as if anyone cares, or rather those that I think should care act in a way that throws me into a tailspin. Difficult it is to climb out of that.
Then, along comes one who the L-rd has placed strategically to walk me through it. Sometimes, it's several someones. I am so, so grateful for those He sends to walk beside me and or behind me to spur me on. He takes me to just the right Scriptures to read, the right quotes that shout at me, the perfect song that sinks into my soul and heals. Wow... how do I rate? I don't... any more than anyone else.
Okay, as I'm working through this, I can still say that, without a doubt, that my L-rd and Master is the source of my happiness. There is no other like Him. Nothing is real or meaningful without Him. That's such an anchor to keep me in line, keep my perspective clear and light my way.
But let all who take refuge in You be glad,Let them ever sing for joy; and may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You. ~Psalm 5:11
You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever. ~Psalm 16:11
1 comment:
Love that last psalm...wow indeed!
The LORD is with us, my dear Padawan :-)
Post a Comment