June 11, 2009

A Walk in the Park

Yesterday, Liz and I spent the afternoon having a sanity break as is our custom when our schedules allow. We drove around the area from Bonney Lake to Tacoma to Olympia letterboxing and taking lots of pics to amuse ourselves. Here are a few of the ones I took - we both like to compare our shots as my perspective is usually so different from hers.

We just had to stop in the rose garden at Point Defiance Park - they're full of blossoms this year. I appreciate all the care that goes into these beauties as the ones in my garden are pretty pathetic.



Then we wandered over to the duck pond and saw these little fuzzies:


We stopped for the local 'Box of the Month' in Olympia, too (an awesome carve by 3 Blind Mice) and took the time to look at the restored 'Henderson House' at the park.

Yes, we actually did find a few letterboxes - shocking, I know!

3 comments:

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

haha! Henderson House - too funny :-P

What a wonderful break, eh?

Ari C'rona said...

Had to put that in there... Yes, ma'am! I'm game any time! :o)

Mole said...

Okay, I opened up two windows to see the two perspectives simultaneously -- very interesting.

Your photos are so well shot, and I particularly love the one of the ducks on the water's edge.

Viewing a Little of My World...

Attaining the rank of Jedi...

*Jedi respect each other, and all other life forms.

*Jedi must put the needs of the community
above the needs of individuals.

*A Jedi must protect the weak and defenseless from evil.

*Jedi must always cooperate in battle or crisis.

*Jedi must not have wants; self-reliance must be shown.

*Jedi are forbidden from ruling others.

*A Jedi does not cling to the past.