Winter Break is Almost Here...
As I look forward to a two break from work, this week feels long. Every year brings its new challenges, this year being no exception - a welter of unspoken, only-to-be-guessed at expectations, the annual Christmas program, and staff breakfast/mug exchange have left me feeling rather jaded. Of all the people on staff to get the actual Christmas mug (it's been nearly 20 years since I celebrated this holiday)... and who thought it a good idea to have the program on a Tuesday so our Wednesday felt like a Friday? Conversation causing me to ask why some people think their way should be imposed on all, not even caring that some do not share their view - can anyone say white privilege? And, I have a cold... Enough kvetching already.
Yet, as I begin to practice mindfulness and delve into the practice of meditation, the tools I have found are a treasure trove of strength and awareness. Breathe. In. Out. Deep. Slow. Calm. Ease... This too shall pass. All is impermanence.
So, we managed our mostly monthly beach clean-up today as we were in need of a diversion from the usual routine. Scouring through the beach grass collecting 66 lbs of flotsam on a nearly windless day was fun for us all (despite the frozen landscape and faces). Well, except for Mary who cut her hand on the beach grass. She was doctored up by my cohort in crime and felt better with a tootsie pop in hand.
On the way home (I managed to leave before dark today - a first in several weeks), I got to experience this amazing display going through Copalis Beach! And, the roads weren't icy as they have been the past couple of mornings!
Attaining the rank of Jedi...
*Jedi respect each other, and all other life forms.
*Jedi must put the needs of the community
above the needs of individuals.
*A Jedi must protect the weak and defenseless from evil.
*Jedi must always cooperate in battle or crisis.
*Jedi must not have wants; self-reliance must be shown.
*Jedi are forbidden from ruling others.
*A Jedi does not cling to the past.
No comments:
Post a Comment