Tonight, on this erev Shabbat, I want to express my gratitude:
I cannot find words enough to express how grateful I am for the job that I was offered this week! To think I was so upset when I didn't get the job at the school where I am presently working! I know now why that did not work out.
I am grateful for a job that will not end in a year but will continue to provide for myself and my family till retirement in a few years.
I am grateful for the support and encouragement of dear friends - Liz for her constant love, encouragement, the gentle nudges needed. Kris for speaking out supportive words to a prospective employer, the years of friendship we've shared, the listening ear and insight. Kevin for always offering a real perspective and validating my feelings. Chuck for his few words that go right to the heart of a matter and the consideration he always shows.
I am grateful for a feeling of deep happiness I have not felt in many, many years, if ever in the pure form I feel tonight! It's really okay to be happy and to respect myself! It can last. These last few months have brought me a knowledge and acceptance of myself that only intensive time alone can do.
I am grateful for this sanctuary we call 'the beach house'. It's been nearly a year since Liz first got the idea, and now I get to move to my 'happy place' for reals!
I am grateful for the froggy voices outside my slider door. I think they're announcing that it's about time the travelers return.
I am grateful for the not-soon-enough return of my dear friends from faraway Greece.
I am grateful that there are only 5 weeks of school left with much to occupy my time as I move all my teacher stuff to the beach house. Then it's off on a road trip with my friends! I can't wait!
1 comment:
Congratulations on your new job! So happy for you and the peace you have obviously found. HUGS!
Post a Comment